EF Classroom - Research, UX & UI Design
The EF Classroom
EF prides itself in bringing real teachers into the
English-language education of students all over the world. A
cornerstone of this experience is the Online Classroom.
Already deeply involved with a generic Adobe Connect™ and
its proprietary Flash technology, EF needed to make a change. In a
bold move, EF decided to build and deploy its own multi-user
interactive classroom, including the voice and video
communication. This was a great opportunity to connect deeply with
teachers and students to build a product tailored to their needs
and to our educational content.
My contribution to the project was to:
- plan the project lifecycle (scope, strategy, design, development, testing, rollout, launch),
- initial definition of problem-space and user research,
- design the students' UX for 3 platforms (web, tablet, mobile),
- design the teachers' UX for web,
- build interactive prototypes aimed at user-research,
- perform user research and design validation in Mandarin,
Company: EF Education First (Shanghai, China)
Team: Lilith Lin, Chriest Yu, Chris Chen
Role: User Experience Designer
Timeline: October 2014 to July 2015
Status: EF Classroom is available on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
View the case-study of a project on student churn of the
previous EF Classroom.
Students can learn anywhere, at their convenience.
Consistent Across The Board
Unique, tailor-made, cross-device, and readable.
Fully featured, even on touch devices!